Monday, June 08, 2009

Birthday Fun and more

Yesterday was my 21st birthday! I had so much fun!!


I woke up at 6am so that I could get ready for church and be ready for 7am. Why was I up and waiting for 7am? Tennis, of course. lol. The French Open men's finals were yesterday morning. Technically they were in the afternoon. Paris time they started at 3pm. NBC Sports showed the match live. I had to watch it! I was not going to miss Roger Federer possibly win his first French Open and make history. Since Rafael Nadal was knocked out of the running everybody knew Roger had a good chance of winning. The guy that knocked Nadal out made it to the finals to face the Number 2 seed in tennis. Robin Soderling, Number 23, fought hard to be in his first Grand Slam final. Roger won in one hour and 55 minutes with the score being 6-1, 7-6 (7-1), 6-4. That is very short for a final match. I really wanted Roger to win! It is his first French Open ever won in his whole eleven year career! That's something right there. But Roger also tied Pete Sampras for the most Grand Slam titles in men's tennis at fourteen. Roger was so fluid throughout the match. I thought he looked relaxed and ready to play, even in slight rain. ... How about some photos of the greatest French Open ever? lol. They are from the official website.

This was Roger's reaction when he won the match! It was so great!

Robin Soderling and Roger Federer

Roger cried tears of joy when he heard his national anthem being played during the trophy ceremony.

Roger with his prize.


The finals wasn't all that happened yesterday though. I painted my nails while I watched the match. I wanted to paint them red to match my red dress and shoes. My toes are solid red to match my red peep-toed shoes. And my fingernails are so long I didn't know if I wanted to French Manicure them or do all red. I decided to do paint the ends red, kind of like a French Manicure only with color. I did one hand to see if I really wanted to do that. I decided it looked cool so I did my other hand too. lol. I love having long and healthy nails. I can do fun things with them and not worry about them being too brittle. lol. Here is a picture of my fabulous nails:




At church I was put in as the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society. It was exciting! lol. I have never been in a Relief Society presidency before so this should be a fun, new time. I will be over Enrichment and working with one of my visiting teachers, of all people. I thought that was neat. I know that this calling will be very good fo me. I have been trying to change my life for a while but never really got the courage, no not that ... I never was able to move on. The last couple of weeks I have been praying and looking for ways to improve my life. This calling is a blessing in so many ways. It will help me to be more outgoing because I have to talk and interact with the ladies and others in the branch. I was thinking a lot about this calling yesterday. It's already helped me a lot. For many years I haven't been the best church-goer but I try. Problem is ... I haven't felt anything. I haven't felt the Spirit in my life for many years. I get snatches here and there when I'm doing good but not like when I was little. I have wanted the feeling back, hence the praying. Being called to be a 2nd counselor is an answer to my prayers. I look forward to helping Tami and Amber in their callings as well as growing my testimony.


I took my car to TechnaGlass on Saturday to have them replace the window. I looked at it to see the glass after it was installed and didn't think anything more about it. On Sunday I noticed the the back passenger window wasn't closing right. The rubber that goes around the window to seal it was tucked under the window. I rolled it down and then back up again and it was the same. And I also noticed that the rubber trim around the window was cut and glued above the vent window (that's the one that got replaced). I drove home and showed Dad. He said they didn't install it right. The trim around the door has to be replaced and the inside rubber wasn't right either. The glass is fine but they ruined to rubber trim. So after work today I get to go talk to the manger and say "Look. I paid you $190 to replace this window and I'm not happy with the install. I want it replaced, with new trim, free of charge as soon as possible." No joke! I want it done right away so that (a) it's done right, (b) I have it before New Mexico. We'll see what they say.


On to official birthday stuff ... As I mentioned before I turned 21! I'm legal but I don't feel any different. lol. For dinner the birthday person gets to pick what we have. I chose baked potatoes, steak, and sweet peas. And cheesecake with cherries for my cake. To tell you the truth, when Mom was making the menu on Thursday that's what she wrote down without asking what I wanted for dinner. And then she remembered on Saturday after she went shopping for food. I laughed because that's what I wanted. Her cheesecake had strawberries and blueberries. I asked if we could have cherries too. It was kind of funny how that turned out. lol. As for presents ... I got a blue dress from Chadwick's (really only the cutout from the magazine because it's on backorder), earrings that match, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, Keith Urban's latest CD called Defying Gravity, A Target giftcard, scrapbook paper, a flat iron, and my visiting teacher's were kind enough to bring me a gift of bath stuff.


I had a fun day but since I got up so early I was loopy at 9'oclock-ish because I was really tired. I couldn't talk or walk straight and the most random things made me laugh. lol. It reminded me of this video.

3 comments:

  1. how do you grow your nails out so long?! i am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiffany! I have no idea how my nails get this long. They are very healthy and always have grown fantastically. lol.

    I love your photography, by the way! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so lucky to have such amazing nails! You should definitely paint them and show them off most often.. because if you are like me (and most other women) my nails grow like snails and then they break!

    and thank you so much! I am working on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)