Friday, May 29, 2009

My *Fantastic* Night

I had a great night last night! (Yes. I am using a sarcastic tone there.) Why, you ask? Some idiot broke into my car yesterday and stole my stereo out of my dashboard. I saw the glass on the ground and thought it kind of odd. Opened the door, put my purse on the passenger seat, and looked to my right to put my key in the car and saw that my car was ripped apart. I wasn't even all the way in the car. I still had my foot touching the ground. I turned around and sat there. One minutes later I called my dad. He didn't answer. I left a message. Four minutes later I called my mom. She was already on her way because she and Dad were going to a dinner downtown. I got out of the car and closed the door and leaned against the front light to wait for Mom. She called the police. An officer came twenty minutes or so later. (Traffic was at rush hour.) Meanwhile I looked, didn't touch, to see what other damage they did. They broke the little window on the driver's side to get in. Nothing else was stolen or broken. I took photos with my camera. When the officer came she took pictures, looked around, put gloves on and looked in the car. She had me open the trunk to see if anything was stolen from in there. I laughed. I don't keep anything in the trunk except of the ice scraper (during the summer). I opened so she could see. She smiled. Ice scraper still there. Carpet spotless from the other day when i vacuumed the car. "That's a really clean trunk," she said. She had to call her Sargent to come and bring the finger print kit. He took another twenty minutes. Finally, he got there and they lifted prints from the inside door handle. There is a little black box that fills the extra space where the stereo is and they got some good prints off that. But that could have been from the installers. The police took that for evidence. Oh, and the police also took the cigarette butt that the guy left in my cup holder. (It's not mine. I don't smoke.) Today I plan on calling Techna Glass to get an estimate on the window. And I woke up in a bad mood still so I'm wearing my red dress and heels. It makes me happy.

And here are some pictures ...












2 comments:

  1. Dang! That stinks! At least it is a little window and not a big one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad says "At least you still have the bag balm... hahaha. But really, that sucks!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)