Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Book Quote

I was reading Emma this morning and I found a funny quote. Mr. Knightley was talking to Mrs. Weston about Emma's reading habits, or lack thereof. He stated:
"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."

(Page 32; line nine)
It's so true!! Reading does require work and patience. lol. And as for "a subjection of the fancy to the understanding" I find that rather easy. To let my mind wander in another time, another place, other people's lives. It's fantastic! Reading is so relaxing to me. Even while reading Jane Austen, whom I find somewhat difficult to read and actually grasp picture and interest until well into the story. Austen's books are very well written and they challenge my vocabulary and mind. I love it! I haven't been this stimulated from a book since I read Les Misérables last year. It's nice to be challenged and relaxed at the same time. lol.

2 comments:

  1. Its no wonder that I prefer a good book to a tv show anyday. Well put.
    -Chrisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your earlier post about getting a computer. If you still need help, Trevor knows a lot about whats good and whats not. Here's his email if you want to ask him some questions: schownowbrowncow@hotmail.com

    Also, Check out tigerdirect.com its a really good site for electronic stuff.

    Good luck
    Chrisy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)