Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday in London

Good Evening! (Or morning I don't know when you read these. lol.)

Today I slept in again. I think all my sleepless nights are catching up to me on this trip. Tomorrow we are going into London later so we get the morning to do whatever. I'll probably end up sleeping. lol.

So we went into London around noon. (Well, we got there at noon.) We walked down the street to the Parliament building and saw the Big Ben clock tower. We also went to Westminster Abbey. But we just walked around it. We didn't go inside. That would have been cool. (Next time.) We didn't want to pay twelve pounds to go see the inside of a church that you can't take pictures of. I took my Canon Rebel XSi into London. It's the first time it's been to London. lol. It was really fun. I took pictures of Big Ben and Westminster Abbey and the such today.

We walked down the bridge where the London Eye is. (That's the big farris wheel thing.) There were street performers that we watched for a bit. Shannon and Becca didn't want to go on the Eye because they didn't want to spend the money. They would have waited while I went on it. I really wanted to go on it but not so much that I would lock myself in a room with twenty-four other strangers for thirty minutes. But I hear the view is great! Next time I come to London I am definitely going on the London Eye. I regret not going. I took pictures of it though.

We also went to Hamley's Toy Store today. Have you heard of Hamley's? It's the largest toy store in the world. (If I remember right.) And I believe it. The store has six floors. Four floors above, a ground floor, and a basement. All filled with toys. The different floors were different topics, categories. Let's see if I can remember them all. Interactive games (basement), stuffed animals and checkout (ground floor), games (1st floor), baby and toddler (2nd floor), girl's (3rd floor), boy's (4th floor) and there was a cafe area at the very top. (So I suppose there were seven levels.) We started at the top and worked our way down. In the boy's section they had everything Harry Potter related you could think of. All of collectibles. There were even Star Wars and Lord of the Rings stuff. It was awesome!! But I wasn't going to spend all whole bunch of money on Cedric Diggory's wand or a Horn-tailed dragon figurine. I just bought a bear (from the ground level). It's so cute and soft. I love it!

Coming home from the train station we walked instead of riding the bus. It is usually dark when we get back from London but today we got back early. The sunset was really pretty. Yesterday it was pretty too, coming home from Brighton.

So tomorrow our big adventure is seeing 'Wicked' at the theater! 'Wicked'!!! It is going to be so much fun. We bought our tickets this afternoon so we have a voucher thing. The show starts at 7:30pm but we have to arrive no later than 7:00pm. And the theater is right next to the London Victoria train station. That's the one we use.

I am falling asleep and my feet are screaming at me. They hurt so bad. I need to go to bed. It's 11:58pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)