Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday in London

It was cold today. I don't know the temperature. It was not very sunny. We wore coats to London because it was cold. I am not looking forward to coming back to snow and more coldness.

Guess what I saw this evening?! 'Wicked'!! We went into London at five-ish. Funny story ... We were going to leave at three but as we were walking down the street, not two houses away Shannon realized she didn't have the ticket voucher with her. It was in the house, which was empty. We didn't have a key to get into the house. Sarah wasn't going to be back until four so we hung out in the backyard for an hour. We took jumping pictures and acted like we were models. It was great fun! And then Sarah got home, laughed at us, and we grabbed the tickets and headed out the door again. When we got to London we bought dinner, which was just sandwiches for a grocery store. Then we head across the street to the Apollo Theatre. We took pictures of the sign that said 'Wicked' on it. We were so excited!! We went in and got our tickets and bought t-shirts and programs. The shirts are so cool. It says 'Wicked' and has Elphiba's hat (Wicked Witch of the West) and below that it says London. We put them on after the show and took pictures with the sign out front. The play was amazing!!!!! I knew the music before but something about seeing it. And the talking parts, especially in the end!, are a big part of the play. lol. I LOVED it!!!! I am really glad we decided to see this one. None of us had seen it, so that was really cool. We had great seats too. They were up on the balcony, about two rows back from the edge, slightly left of center stage. They were great! I really liked it and would not mind going to see it again. We all cried during the play. Becca had no idea what the story plot was. I think she cried the most. Shannon knew more of the story then I did. I just knew the music. She knew how it ended!! Amazing!! I took a picture inside of the theatre but not during the play, of course. That was "strictly prohibited." lol. After the play when we got back "home" we had Alan pick us up because we didn't want to wait for a bus. That was all we did today. But it was a lot of fun!

The plan for tomorrow is to go shopping. ... And that's all. lol.

Saturday we are planning on going to Buckingham (with Sarah and kids), go to the London Zoo (with Sarah and kids), and go to the temple (with Alan, I believe). That could change but that's the plan as of tonight. lol.

By the way, I watched an episode of Dr. Who last evening and it was great! I did find out the David Tennet is stepping down from the role at the end of the year. I am really disappointed. I LOVE David Tennet as Dr. Who. He is the BEST ONE!!! Now the have to "kill" the Time Lord and regenerate a new one. I'm really sad! ... And you have no clue what I'm talking about. lol. (Eric will. He watches it with me sometimes.) Dr. Who is on Saturday night at 11pm (back in the States). I like to stay up and watch it. But since it is on PBS sometimes they have their money telethon, whatever the heck it's called, and all shows go on hold while they raise money for the network. March is telethon month. Therefore, no Dr. Who!

And ... It is 1:50am in London. Yes ... I know go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)