Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hitman


So I finished David Foster's biography two days after I received it but I am just now getting around to reviewing it. I loved this book. It was simple and great to read. You can definitely tell while reading the book that David is not a writer. He knows music not words. It is such an easy read and that's one of the reasons why I loved it. I really loved it because I got to hear David's versions of how his artist's got discovered (i.e. Celine Dion, Josh Groban, Michael Buble, William Joseph). And I found out some new things that I had never known about David. For instance, he never takes elevators because he does not like them. He has elevator claustrophobia. lol. Seriously! It has caused some problems for him like missing interviews and "friendly" hotels upgrading his room to the twenty-third floor. David has (or had; he started losing it when he turn 50) perfect pitch. He discovered it when he was four and started piano lessons shortly after that. No wonder he is so amazing. lol. And a couple of other random facts I found out was that he can drive a bus and fly a plane. He's a pilot! I knew he like planes but I didn't know he could actually fly one. lol. Something else I didn't realize was that he has six sisters and no brothers and he has five daughters and no sons. He is surrounded by females.

And on a somewhat related note: David Foster was on Dr. Phil this week talking about the book and the DVD/CD and his life. I watched the show last night. And I fell in love with David even more. He is so funny. I love it when David plays the piano. He is just so fluid and amazing. I can't take my eyes off of him. Natalie Cole and Seal were there as well. And I really want to buy Seal's new CD now. I listened to it last week and seeing him sing again really reiterated the want to buy it. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)