Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movies and Me

I went and saw The Dark Knight this afternoon. I thought that it was scarily good. lol. Does that make sense? Heath Ledger did a brilliant job as The Joker. I nominate him for that Oscar that he is rumored to get. Overall, I thought the movie had a darker tone than Batman Begins. I guess that is what they were going for. I like it. Christopher Nolan did a great job on the first Batman movie and was glad to hear that he was back for The Dark Knight. Hopefully, he stays with Batman for a long time. One thing I did not like about the movie was the fact that the actor was changed from Batman Begins to The Dark Knight ... or in this case actress. In the first movie Rachel Dawes was played by Katie Holmes and in The Dark Knight the role was played by Maggie Gyllenhaal. It would have been fine except for the fact that I kept forgetting she was even Rachel. So the record setting million-dollar movie has a minor flaw ... big deal. I still loved it. Maybe in the next movie Bruce Wayne will have his house built and we can see the Bat Cave in its final format.

And on a personal note, I have been looking for a job for a few months now. I had a couple of interviews with the University of Utah. I have been waiting to hear back from them and as I was walking out of the movie theater I got a call . I got the job. They will pay me close to $12 an hour. I have never worked for that much so I hope that I don't disappoint them. I am going to be working in the Materials Department as an Associate Accountant. I start on Monday and I'm excited.

1 comment:

  1. Yay on the job! That's so exciting! So if you save enough money are you going back to school in the fall? Can't wait to see you and the family. :)

    XOXOXO, Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)