Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Compiling Thoughts

So I have finally gotten around to typing out my hand-written journal as well as compiling all of my journals together. Therefore, I have been reading my thoughts on stuff. I have noticed that when I am upset I tend to write in short sentences. And I realized that I started keeping a journal at the same time that I started keeping my scrapbook. Well, almost. My journals start in August of 2001 and my scrapbooks start Christmas of 1999. I guess that when I was twelve I wanted to document my life more than I had been. lol. But really, I think it is because I noticed that when I write things down I am not as stressed and things get sorted out while I’m writing. I like how that works sometimes. When I have a frustration I’ll sit and write everything I am feeling and thinking about and not think about what I am writing. Sometimes I’ll come up with a solution to work toward solving my dilemma. There is a writing term for that but I can’t think of what it is right off. Something else I noticed while typing my journal is that my vocabulary has grown. I don’t know if that’s because I started writing or just time. I use bigger words and I have more ways of saying something. And I like using therefore and words like that. Last week I actually used albeit instead of although. I stopped and laughed at myself and then kept writing whatever I was writing. lol. I also noticed how much I have changed throughout the years. My mind is growing and I didn’t really realize it. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)