Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Modern Times

‘Modern Times’ is a silent film by Charlie Chaplin. Well, it’s not entirely silent but still considered a silent film. The film premiered in February of 1936. I knew of it because of the song ‘Smile’. It is a well-recognized theme from the movie. I found ‘Modern Times’ at the library and had to get it. I watched it and loved it. It was clean fun. Chaplin did a great job directing this comedy. He composed the music too. I think it really enhances the movie. But I guess it has to … the music is the voice of the movie. The music is serious when called for and “laughs” with the comedy. That’s what made the movie … the comedy of Charlie Chaplin and the syncopation of simple melodies. I love it!

If you want to learn more about Charlie Chaplin go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)