Friday, May 23, 2008

A Tale of Two Cities

When I started reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens I never thought it would move me so much. Before I picked up the book I didn't know anything about it but the famous first line: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." All I knew was that it is a classic and I wanted to read it. I enjoyed the story very much. I liked how all of the characters were mingled together. I was crying while I read the last few chapters. Never did I think that I would cry like that while reading a book. I couldn't see the page! For a character that you don't see much in the novel, you grow to love Sidney Carton. He made a huge sacrifice for the one woman he ever loved. The last line says so much to me: "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known." He died for his love! I guess that is why A Tale of Two Cities is a classic! It has a man who willing gives his life for that which he holds dearest. He gave his life so that she could live...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)