Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Awake Live

I finally listened to 'Awake Live'. Here are my thoughts on the CD:

Mai - First, I thought it was strange to start off with the second song of the concert. But I guess it makes sense because it is the first song on the Awake album. I liked how they kept Josh saying hello to Salt Lake City. It made my stomach flip just thinking about that night.

February Song - I love when Josh plays the piano. He puts flourishes where there were none. This song is great.

In Her Eyes - This is the song where Josh walked through the audience. It's funny to tune Josh out (Gasp! A Grobanite tune Josh Groban out. A scandal I know...) and listen to he people screaming as he walks by them. They are crazy! That's okay because that's how I would be too. lol.

So She Dances - I love this song to begin with. And the live version is even better than the album version.

Un Dia Llegara - They kept in Josh's introduction. This song is so pretty. I love Tariqh's guitar playing.

Pearls - I love this song! Josh and Angelique sound so great together. I like the chattering at the end of the track. They have Josh reading the "Hug" sign. That's great.

Weeping - I think it is great that Josh's introduction to this song is still there. He is so great when he talks about Africa. I can tell that he really cares.

Machine - This is such a fun song! I love Josh's "ohhs" during the song.

Awake - This was an encore song! I am so glad it is on the CD! This is my favorite Josh song. I love the introduction too. He is such a joker. This was the very last song he sang. He played the piano again.

Lullaby - Fun! More great Africa stories! Josh's intros are so great. I love the synthesized Josh choir. The song starts out acapella and then Josh joins in on piano. There some beautiful flourishes in the song. This version is very simple and well done. I like it a lot.

You Are Loved - This is the first song of the concert. I love how the audience is restless and loud before we even see Josh. And then Josh starts to sing and we go crazy but quiet down again because he is not even on stage yet. You can tell when Josh comes up from the floor because we go so crazy you can barely hear Josh singing. There is so much energy from the audience alone that it makes this
song so much fun! Lucia's violin skills are great too.

Now for my thoughts on the Awake Live DVD:

The DVD is AMAZING! I loved it! The cinematography was awesome! I was kind of disappointed about not having 'Not While I'm Around' on the DVD. I thought that song was a lot of fun. Without it the change to 'Machine' is somewhat abrupt. During 'In Her Eyes' I think I recognized Chris Groban taking pictures. That's funny to me that Josh Groban's brother was there taking photographs. But he is an awesome photographer so I am not complaining. On the bonus features when Josh is talking about running from the stage to the back of the house it showed a clip of him out in the hallway. Josh said something about Principal Groban coming to inspect the halls. lol. That is material straight from FOJG. I about feel on the floor I was laughing so hard. Josh reads our random fun threads. That is so cool! I also think it is fun that Sweeney got to go on tour with Josh. They showed him running around and he looked like he was having the time of his life. Josh also mentioned that they never had any fun on this tour. Liar! There were clips of Josh on a segway going around in circles, riding roller coasters at Hershey Park, and some of Josh being his normal goofy self. I love goofy Josh. His smiles and laughs are so contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)