Monday, May 05, 2008

Cruise Day #1

Today we leave for our cruise. It is around 9:30 am. We are at the SLC airport at Gate D. Grandpa and Grandma Hall drove us to the airport. We already checked our bags and went through security. Now my stomach is a little queasy. Mom's is too. I'm nervous. I have never been on a plane before. There are some really big planes outside. This is fun! The airport is really full. Dad says it is busier than normal. My ears are plugged so I can't really hear anyway.

It is now almost 11:00pm Utah time. That’s midnight here on the ship. Today has been fun.

Our flight left at 11:30am (UT time). It was fun. When we took off I thought it was weird. SLC got so small all of the sudden. We went through some clouds. That was cool. It didn’t look like we were going very fast. But I guess we were because the flight didn’t take that long. We landed at 12:55pm (CA time). Because of the time change it didn’t seem long at all. We picked up our luggage and went outside to meet our shuttle. Because of my cold I couldn’t breathe properly and my ears were plugged from the plane ride. That made me sad for a few moments. When we were waiting Dad realized that he didn’t have his bag (which we found out later was actually Mom’s) so he went back inside to grab it. The airline lost it. They said that it wasn’t even in Los Angeles. They told Dad that they would try and get it to us before the ship left the port that day. If they didn’t get it there in time they would definitely have it to us in San Diego the next day. (It found us in LA.) When we were heading to the port we saw a sign for the road that Chad and Amber live on. We thought that was funny. Dad called Amber and told her.

We got to the ship and went through their security. When we were on the ship they had everyone put on their life jackets and they did a drill. That was interesting. We had to go to Deck 7 and stand in lines until they made some announcement and they let us go. Our crew lead, Josh, had a cool accent. And they had all the women and children in the front and the men in the back. That was funny to me. After we put our life jackets away we walked around the ship for a while. We had dinner at 5:30pm. The ship also left port at that time. I could tell when the boat started to move. It felt weird. We watched a show at 10:00pm. It was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I appreciate your thoughts a bunch.

Krysta

=)